SHANGHAI — Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd. will introduce its latest version of the popular Santana sedan sometime this year, officials say. The first models, which will be based on the Passat B5 produced by Volkswagen AG in Germany, will be launched near the end of the year, with mass production starting in 2000. Industry observers say the move is meant to counter competition from Shanghai GM Automotive Co. Ltd., which will begin selling three Buick luxury sedans in April, with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.