TOKYO -- Being No.1 in Japan's import car market year after year is not limiting Volkswagen AG’s ambitions here. Next step up is to become a major brand player in the world's second-largest car market. "Our goal is not to challenge Honda or Nissan but to become an influential player in the Japanese market with benchmark brands," says Tsutomo Umeno, the new president of Volkswagen Group Japan K.K. "We already sell more regular-size cars in Japan than Daihatsu (Motor Co. Ltd.) and Suzuki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.