ALTON, VA – With Volkswagen Group of America Inc. returning to the U.S. motorsports community via the Sports Car Club of America Pro Racing Inc.-sanctioned Jetta TDI Cup, the auto maker demonstrates a unique sense of goodwill toward both the environment and up-and-coming young racers. Designed to strengthen the VW brand by promoting its new TDI clean-diesel vehicles, the 7-race series puts 30 amateur drivers aged 16 to 26 behind the wheel of identically prepared ’09 Jetta TDI sedans. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.