FRANKFURT – Volkswagen AG is preparing to launch a high-performance division to be called “R” to take on BMW AG’s M and Mercedes-Benz’s AMG. VW will introduce a high-performance version of the Golf The first evidence of VW's commitment to an image-based range of low-volume models comes with the launch of the new Golf R32. “If the R32 succeeds in the autumn of 2002, we will show cars pointing in this direction," says a senior executive. "In Wolfsburg, we are tinkering with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.