MEXICO CITY — Volkswagen AG may not be planning another plant in Mexico, but the automaker is opening a design center and launching three new cars onto the market. VW will open its new US$50 million design center on the site of its Puebla plant in December. The facility will house 40-60 people, who will start off designing small plastic parts. Eventually, the engineers will increase the size of the parts and work toward designing a car, a VW spokesperson says. In conjunction with design ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.