SAN DIEGO, CA – Forget Joe Isuzu. Move over, Hemi guys. A new pair of car commercial icons is emerging from Volkswagen of America Inc.’s GTI campaign. Meet Wolfgang and Helga. She is a towering platinum blonde high-fashion model/dominatrix. He is a white-clad, cold-hearted prankster whose unsmiling countenance barely contains his glee as the couple seeks to “unpimp the auto.” With stereotypical German arrogance, Helga and Wolfgang show tuners the error of their ways, dispatching their ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.