Volkswagen Group Malaysia Sdn Bhd expects to finalize plans for an assembly plant for complete-knocked-down models in Malaysia by midyear. Managing Director Andreas Prinz says VW Malaysia is considering a number of options, including local partners. “Once finalized, it will take us about 15 to 18 months to set up our plant,” he is quoted as saying. Some of the local production is expected to be exported to other Asian markets, the government’s Bernama news service says. VW Malaysia ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.