ROMULUS, MI – The new midsize sedan, known internally as the “NMS,” destined for production next year at Volkswagen of America Inc.’s assembly plant in Chattanooga, TN, is poised to be the lynchpin of the brand’s U.S.-market revitalization. The NMS, Jetta and Beetle C-segment cars are expected to account for 60%-70% of the brand’s U.S. volume, according to a “ballpark” estimate from new VWoA CEO Jonathan Browning. Through August, nearly 44% of VW-brand deliveries stemmed from the Jetta, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.