W12 Touareg could find its way to U.S. market. SALT LAKE CITY – Volkswagen AG remains open to launching a 12-cyl. version of its Touareg SUV in the U.S. market, Ward's learns. VW will launch a version of the new SUV in Europe with its W-12 powertrain within the next 12 months. The 6.0L W-12 currently is sold in Europe as an optional powertrain in the Phaeton luxury sedan and also will be available on the Audi A8. “It doesn’t make sense to develop an engine for just two models: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.