PHOENIX, AZ – Volkswagen of America Inc. says it plans to launch nine new models or variants in the U.S. within the next two years. VW will not introduce the new Golf into the U.S. market until May 2006. On tap near term is the Passat 1.8T 4Motion, which debuts in the first quarter and marks the latest move to grow all-wheel drive into a larger share of VW’s U.S. volume. Closely following in the second quarter will be the Jetta GLI, the Touareg V-10 TDI and the Passat TDI. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.