Volkswagen AG says it is pessimistic about the rest of 2004 following a weak second quarter in which profits tumbled 9.4% to €357 million ($432.7 million). Total revenues rose 8.4% to €24 billion ($29.1 billion), as overall vehicle sales for all VW brands (VW, Audi, SEAT, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Skoda, Bentley) jumped 5.9% to 1.37 million units during the quarter. Through the first six months, vehicle sales are running 5.2% ahead of year-ago’s pace at 2.6 million units. VW blames most of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.