SAN FRANCISCO – Volkswagen AG’s efforts to expand the VW brand into the luxury segment may have been a mistake, Audi of America Inc.’s top executive says. The comments are the latest evidence of a tussle within the VW Group, where executives appear to be second-guessing the launch of the up-market VW Phaeton luxury sedan. Audi of America Chief Axel Mees The Phaeton has been a disappointment for the VW brand, with sales this year in the U.S. totaling only 1,433 units through October, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.