Volkswagen Brand Group’s aggressive product-expansion initiative is beginning to pay dividends, Volkswagen AG’s management board members say. But while the trend suggests VW will achieve its €5.1 billion ($6.1 billion) annual pre-tax profit goal by 2008, executives remain impatient with the pace of “ForMotionplus,” the auto maker’s latest restructuring initiative. “Restructuring must continue at full speed,” says Hans Dieter Potsch, management board member in charge of finance and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.