GENEVA – Volkswagen AG officially unveils its new and much-anticipated Phaeton luxury sedan here at the Geneva Motor Show, representing the German auto maker’s attempt at breaking into the ultra luxury vehicle market. The car will be powered by one of three powertrains: a 3.2L 241-hp V-6, a 6.0L 420-hp W-12 and a 5.0L 313-hp V-10 TDI – the most powerful diesel engine offered in a passenger car. The revolutionary W-12 is extremely compact and utilizes lightweight materials to keep it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.