Volkswagen AG says it plans to pour $2.17 billion into the Asia/Pacific region over the next five years. VW Asia/Pacific President Robert Buchelhofer says the company aims to boost the region's contribution to its global sales from 9% now to double digits. VW sales in the region rose 7.2% last year to 461,000 units. VW will strengthen its presence in China by reforming the supplier sector, upgrading its sales and service networks and introducing new models, he says.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.