Porsche AG and Volkswagen AG issue recalls covering 22,158 Cayenne and 6,500 Touareg SUVs, respectively, due to a wiring problem. A spring in the handbrake could damage a cable underneath the instrument panel, possibly causing a fire, says Porsche. The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says the Cayenne’s main wiring harness was routed incorrectly and could lead to failure of electrical systems and fire. The two models are built on the same platform. Cayennes made between ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.