Volkswagen AG says it earned €627 million ($564.3 million) during the first quarter, a 24.4% decline from prior year results. Europe’s largest auto maker also reports a 5.4% drop in revenue to €21.27 billion ($19.39 billion), down from €22.48 billion ($20.49 billion) in like-2001. VW worldwide vehicle sales totaled 1.18 million units during the quarter, 6.8% below year-ago. The auto maker’s global market share declined by 0.4 points to 11.5%. In Western Europe – which includes VW’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.