LONDON -- With Germany already reaching the 40% penetration rate for diesel-powered passenger cars, Volkswagen AG is advancing the growing acceptance of compression-ignition into the luxury sector with its mighty 5L DOHC V-I0 TDI, currently the most powerful passenger-vehicle in the world. Destined for the upcoming VW flagship Concept D high-performance sedan, which will be launched at the Geneva motor show in March, the V-10 turbodiesel develops 313 hp at 4,000 rpm and a massive torque ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.