Volkswagen AG says its net profit fell 51% to €217 million ($253 million) in the third quarter, versus €439 million ($512 million) in like-2002. Overall sales fell 0.4% to 1.24 million units. Europe’s largest auto maker blames the decline on the strength of the euro vs. the dollar as well as increased expenditures for the launch of several new models, including the Golf. Vehicle sales in VW’s home market, Germany, were off 3.8% during the quarter to 213,000 units, while year-to-date ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.