ATHENS – Volkswagen AG plans to begin selling its sizzling 250-hp Golf R32 in the U.S. by July 2007, Ward’s learns. The brand’s flagship hatchback, the fastest Golf ever – with a top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h) – is highly coveted by U.S. car enthusiasts but currently available only in Europe. VW last year said there were no plans to bring the R32 to the U.S. Powered by a 24-valve 3.2L V-6 that generates peak torque of 236 lb.-ft. (320 Nm) at 3,000 rpm, the R32, which debuted at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.