Volkswagen AG reportedly will renegotiate contracts with its European dealers to accommodate new regulations that call for greater competition in the region. The current contracts between VW and 8,500 of its European dealers expire Sept. 30, 2003. VW says the new contracts would cover all dealers in the region and reflect the new regulations, which aim to narrow the gap between pre-tax prices on European vehicles. The new regulations will enable dealers to open outlets anywhere in Europe ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.