Volkswagen AG may consider building a second plant in Mexico, according to a report in the Mexican daily newspaper Milenio. The paper reports the facility would be built in the same region as VW’s existing Puebla passenger-car plant. The new Mexican plant likely would replace a facility in Brussels, Belgium, and help the auto maker reduce the negative financial impacts of the weak U.S dollar and strong euro. Officials at VW’s Mexican subsidiary were not available for comment, but a VW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.