PHOENIX – Volkswagen AG’s New Beetle has been traversing North American roads since the spring of 1998 and has been dubbed everything from “cute” to “precious.” Some would even call it a “chick” car. That designation fits somewhat as 60% of Beetle buyers are female. The folks at VW, however, want to shed that image and give the Beetle a little more brawn with the new ’02 Beetle Turbo S, which hits U.S. dealer showrooms in January (there’s no plan to sell the Turbo S in Europe, so far). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.