Like high rollers at a Las Vegas casino, Volkswagen AG’s outgoing Chairman Ferdinand Piech and incoming CEO Bernd Pischetsrieder are gambling the auto maker’s future on a strategy that has some onlookers worried. As the new leadership team begins to take the wheel at the world’s No.5 auto maker, the plan is to continue on with Piech’s controversial strategy to transform the VW and Audi brands into marques that can compete head-on with Mercedes-Benz and BMW AG. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.