FRANKFURT – The new vehicle Volkswagen AG is studying to slot between the Passat and the all-new Phaeton luxury sedan would not be a conventional sedan or even a 4-door coupe, says Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder. Known internally as the C1, it does not make sense “to have another conventional saloon (sedan) when we have the Audi A6 in the segment,” he says in an interview here. Volkswagen planning vehicle between Passat and Phaeton. It will come from an existing architecture, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.