SAN DIEGO – Volkswagen AG has athletic plans for the next-generation Jetta and Passat wagons, the company’s North American chief says. Currently, the auto maker offers traditional box-on-sedan wagon versions of both vehicles. Neither comfortably fit into the European sportwagon mold that has sprouted in recent years, compared with offerings from BMW AG, Volvo Car Corp., Saab Automobile and VW’s luxury brand Audi. Jetta’s next wagon will be more athletic, compared with this current ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.