SALT LAKE CITY, UT – Volkswagen of America Inc. expects Porsche AG’s new Cayenne cross/utility vehicle to help boost sales of its sibling VW Touareg. The Cayenne S carries a $15,965 base-price premium over the $40,700 V-8 Touareg, which could be enough for non-diehard Porsche owners to consider the Touareg over the Cayenne. A 6-cyl. version of the Touareg starts at $34,900. VW views Porsche Cayenne as blessing in disguise. Porsche has had initial sales success with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.