FRANKFURT — Volkswagen AG and Scania AB of Sweden, in which VW recently acquired a controlling stake, plan to launch a truck-making venture in China, says VW Chief Executive Ferdinand Piech in published reports. China, Piech says, is a particularly interesting market for medium-sized trucks because most of the country's freight in the future will be transported here via the country's growing highway system. Neither VW nor Scania make trucks in the 6-16 ton-range, but medium-size truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.