Volkswagen AG provides the first official photos of its new Touareg SUV – which goes on sale in Europe this fall and in the U.S. in early 2003. The Touareg is the third phase in VW’s plan to expand the brand into the luxury and light-truck markets. Luxury duties will fall to the new Passat W-8 and the upcoming Phaeton sedan. VW says the Touareg's double wishbone suspension and noise-insulated subframe give it a comfort level similiar to a luxury sedan. VW says Touareg ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.