Volkswagen AG and Siemens AG finalize a deal to produce diesel injection systems together for TDI diesel engines. The 50/50 joint venture, Volkswagen Mechatronic GmbH & Co. KG, will launch production in fourth-quarter 2004 in Stollberg, Germany, say reports. Investment is €270 million ($286.6 million) and construction of the facility, which VW is overseeing, will begin in May. About 380 people will work at the plant by 2006, the end of the initial production stage. By mid-2007 some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.