JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – Volkswagen of South Africa has produced its 25,000th 5-cyl. diesel engine for export. The engine export contract, announced by VWSA Managing Director Andreas Tostmann in March, is worth more than 12 billion rand ($1.8 billion) over the next six years. The engines are shipped weekly and supplied to the VW Group's Hannover, Germany, plant for use in the production of LT Panel Vans, which are imported by VWSA for sale on the South African market. VWSA ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.