The TDI (turbo direct injection) turbodiesel V-10 for Volkswagen AG’s all-new Touareg SUV and Phaeton sedan – both VW flagships in their class – comes to market claiming the title of the world’s most powerful passenger-car diesel. Volkswagen’s all-new V-10 turbodiesel displaces 5L and produces 313 hp and 553 lb.-ft. of torque. Displacing 5L, the SOHC V-10 turbodiesel develops 313 hp at 3,750 rpm and a thunderous 553 lb.-ft. (750 Nm) of torque at 2,000 rpm. Aside from its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.