DETROIT – It was just about a year ago that Volkswagen AG Chairman Bernd Pischetsrieder addressed his shareholders to deliver the news: VW would cut 5,000 jobs and institute a massive cost-reduction program dubbed “ForMotion.” The program would help the German auto maker rebuild a solid financial footing, he predicted. While VW’s financial house is just starting to get back in order, the auto maker is starting to realize some fundamental benefits from ForMotion, VW Chief Financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.