FRANKFURT — Volkswagen AG's Concept D was not the only performance diesel introduced at the recent Frankfurt Motor Show. In a move that is sure to upset purists but please environmentalists, VW announced a new high-performance 150-hp diesel Golf that will give the GTI a run for its money. The new diesel version should become the fastest model in the Golf range thanks to incredible mid-range torque (320 Nm @ 1900 rpm) from the 1.9 TDI diesel engine and 6-speed gearbox. At the top of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.