TOKYO — As General Motors Corp. hammers out the details to finalize the purchase of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., it is poised to incorporate the insolvent South Korean automaker into its family of alliance partners, says G. Richard Wagoner Jr., but the company will not be as independent as others in which GM has an equity stake. "The first order of business in structuring the new Daewoo needs to be to get that company turned around," Wagoner says. GM also owns equity stakes in Suzuki Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.