DEARBORN – Fresh from the North American International Auto Show, where General Motors Corp. showcased what could someday prove to be its most fuel-thrifty vehicle – the Chevy Volt plug-in concept – CEO Rick Wagoner says the auto maker won’t be swayed by recent drops in gasoline prices and neither should lawmakers. “With the price of oil at its lowest level in 19 months, we run the risk of reverting back to our traditional energy policy…relying heavily on the lowest-cost energy available ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.