DETROIT – It didn’t take Ward’s editors long to decide which of 2003’s 10 Best Engines winners should be the subject of a year-long test: No engine launched for the ’03 model year had the singular impact of the 5.7L Hemi Magnum V-8 from DaimlerChrysler AG’s Chrysler Group. The all-new Hemi, as everyone now knows, borrows from the renowned Hemi V-8 of the 1950s and 1960s that burned rubber into the public consciousness thanks to impressive performance on the stock-car circuits of the era – ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.