The Ward's U.S. light vehicle segmentation for the '01 model year (see insert for detail) includes a new segment group for hybrid vehicles that have been helping to blur the difference between what traditionally has been called a car or truck in the U.S. market. The new crossover/utility vehicle (CUV) segment includes mostly vehicles that previously were listed as sport/utility vehicles (SUVs), as well as the Chrysler PT Cruiser, which had been included in the small van segment. CUVs will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.