Technology that reduces the frictional losses of engines by redirecting exhaust heat and increasing heat transfer into the engine oil is the top winner at the 2011 Australian automotive engineering excellence awards in Melbourne. The Society of Automotive Engineers-Australasia names Frank Will, senior lecturer at Deakin University, the gold medal winner for his Over7 waste-heat recovery system. Because the system greatly reduces warm-up time, it cuts engine wear by more than 96%. SAE-A ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.