New Zealand’s capital city becomes the first in the country to test production electric vehicles. Wellington’s city council is working with Meridian Energy Ltd., Mitsubishi Motors New Zealand Ltd., New Zealand Post Ltd. and The Wellington Co. to trial a fleet of i-MiEVs for two years. By December, eight of the 4-seat, battery-powered cars will be on the road. One of the EVs goes to postal carrier Shane Collins, who pays out of his own pocket a monthly diesel bill of about NZ$600 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.