After two years of dramatic declines, the Western European auto industry breathed a sigh of relief in 2004, as sales rose 2.9% to 16,798,550 units. The year ended with a strong surge, as December deliveries shot up a respectable 8% to 1,232,212 units. (See related data: Ward’s Motor Vehicle Sales – Western Europe) RX-8 helped propel Mazda in Europe in 2004. Mazda Motor Corp., Toyota Motor Corp., BMW AG and Ford Motor Co. posted strong yearly gains, while PSA Peugeot Citroen and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.