MARYSVILLE, OH – It didn’t draw much attention at the time, but the 25th anniversary of auto production late last year at Honda of America Mfg. Inc.’s plant here holds long-lasting national and international significance. In November 1982, the first Accord rolled out of the then 1 million-sq.-ft. (92,900-sq.-m) facility, marking the launch of nearly 15 million cars and light trucks to be built in the U.S. (and 19 million in North America) by the storied Japanese auto maker since then. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.