General Motors Co. Chairman and CEO Ed Whitacre wants Americans to perceive the recently bankrupt auto maker as “the world’s best company,” and expects to turn a profit this year. Whitacre also tells journalists during a roundtable discussion the auto maker’s Saab Automobile AB operation likely will be killed at the end of the week. “We are proceeding with the wind down,” Whitacre says, adding he’s “not confident” about meeting a self-imposed deadline of Jan. 7 to determine a buyer. GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.