The Bush Admin. is continuing its push to allow Detroit auto makers to tap $25 billion in direct loans originally earmarked for advanced-technology vehicles, today reiterating opposition to giving them access to funds currently allocated to the financial-sector bailout. White House spokeswoman Dana Perino says the $700 billion bailout for Wall Street is meant to unfreeze the credit markets by investing in viable companies with the promise of eventual profits to taxpayers, and suggests ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.