For the second year in a row, white is the No.1 color being worn by North American-built vehicles, coatings supplier DuPont Automotive says. The finding is part of DuPont’s 56th annual Automotive Color Popularity Report, which looks at trends for vehicles produced in a single model year. Some 16% of ’08 vehicles built in North America were white, DuPont says. Adding in cars and trucks wearing white-pearl paint finishes, which accounted for 4% of all vehicles produced, pushes white ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.