NEW DELHI — The most intriguing puzzle in India''''s automotive industry these days is what will happen to Maruti Udyog Ltd. After years of agonizing indecision, India''''s political leaders have finally decided to sell the central government''''s half share in the country''''s biggest and most successful car producer, a 50/50 joint venture with Japan''''s Suzuki Motor Corp. So far, neither the terms of the sale nor the price have been clearly spelled out and the government''''s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.