Mercury Villager’s replacement will be built on the Ford Windstar platform, Ward’s has learned. "It’s going to be a minivan," says a Ford Motor Co. source, responding to speculation that Villager’s replacement will be a sport/utility or cross/utility vehicle. Another source close to the program says the new vehicle will feature third-row, fold-flat seating — a trademark of ’02 Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer and a feature expected to debut on ’03 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator). ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.