Ford Motor Co. loses about 5,700 units of '01 Windstar minivan production and recalls 22,081 vehicles including Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis and Lincoln Town Car because of a software glitch in the computer module that controls the passive restraint system (see Ward's Automotive Reports — Sept. 11, '00, p.1). It causes airbags to deploy on their own and seatbelts to tighten suddenly. The system was successfully introduced on the '00 Taurus/Sable and continues to operate without incident on ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.