A team from ArvinMeritor Inc. is testing a plasmatron fuel reformer in an Indiana bus and has reported spectacular emissions-reduction results. Diesel-powered city bus uses plasmatron fuel reformer. The plasmatron is a small device that reforms just about any liquid petroleum fuel to hydrogen-rich gas. The gas, when injected into the engine along with the liquid fuel, improves fuel economy and cuts emissions. The plasmatron has been under development for the last six years at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.