SAO PAULO – Volkswagen do Brasil Ltda. employees are protesting a plan to transfer 3,933 workers from the Sao Bernardo do Campo plant to a new VW division, called Autovisao do Brasil. Some 1,500 workers producing VW Polo are on paid leave. The transfer represents 16% of the work force at the Sao Bernardo plant. Union leaders and Labor Minister Jacques Wagner consider the plan “an artifice” to fire employees, violating agreements signed in Germany in 2001 to retain the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.